Advanced Security and User Interface for Wireless and Cloud Devices
Industries seek a solution that is better than the current manual entry two-factor (username/password) model. This “anyone can use it” model of security creates vulnerability across devices. Users need simplicity and privacy between work and personal.
Porticus’ suite of VoiceKeyID (“VKID”) Technologies run “on-device” and do not require additional hardware to implement. VKID can run on most major DSP chips or at Operating System level.
Operating System Level Security
- VKID Android SDK – Easily embed VKID in Android Apps. Includes test app and APIs. Device Lock and App Lock capability at OS level.
- VKID iOS SDK – Easily embed VKID in iOS Apps for iPads and iPhones. Includes test App and APIs.
- VKID Windows/Linux/Web SDK – For desktop systems based on Windows or web based implementations.
- VLOK – Android based App integrated at Google Operating System level. Enterprise can deploy VKID across enterprise as a download to secure App buttons. User or Administrator can define which Apps require VKID protection layer.
Embedded DSP Solutions
- VoiceKeyID – Embedded Biometric Engine
Available for Qualcomm Snapdragon DSPs and others. Deploy VKID with unique Device IDs for TETRAD level 4-factor Security. Learn More About Tetrad
- VoiceKeyID/FacialID “Fused” solution
Two algorithms running on chip deliver multi-modal interface of voice and face biometric as well as their “fused” capability in financial, government and other key transaction based applications. See A Specific Market For This Solution
- Core Biometric Algorithm Technology
Porticus’ patented technology is based on two-decades of Interpol funded research. This technology is used by European governments as a means of criminal identification. Being based on voice forensic science ensures a true physical biometric reading of an individual, not just a statistical analysis.
- Physiological Speech Components
Figure 1 shows elements of human speech production, the modeling elements.
Optimized for Mobile
The Porticus system was designed and optimized for mobile handsets. Other conventional speaker verification systems have been optimized for speech recorded from high quality microphones in ideal sound environments and require high bandwidth; neither condition being suitable for mobile telephony. The Porticus solution focuses on voiced phonemes (mostly the vowel sounds) since amongst other reasons vowels have higher energy (less susceptible to noise) and lower bandwidth (matching the narrow bandwidth available on mobile) than consonant sounds. Other systems that are made to fit onto the mobile platform suffer severe performance degradation. Additionally the Porticus algorithm has been optimized for the frequency range supported by telephony devices.
The voice biometric is fully secured against theft. This biometric template is not a recording of your voice but the result of a one-way transformation, i.e. an operation that cannot be reversed. The only way the algorithm will produce a positive result is to use another voice sample to compare against the template. A stolen biometric would be of absolutely no use to anyone; hacking attempts are rendered useless.